Tuesday, November 19, 2013

First Findings

In my Micro aquarium there were a lot of moving organisms as compared to my previous blog where there were none. This may be because Dr. McFarland added a food pellet to the micro aquarium. All the organisms were single celled and some had flagellas that twirled to pull them along, while others moved with flagellas behind them. I even saw a little bit of reproduction of Anisonema sp.(Patterson, 1996). There were many green organisms such as paranema sp. and anisonema sp. near the top of all the plants that were used (Patterson, 1996). In the population there were a lot of organisms again,with the twirling flagella at the top of the plants which is definitely more organisms than when I first had the aquarium. Surprisingly there were no dead organisms spotted.  Take a look at pics I found!









Next time you will see videos! Hopefully..

No comments:

Post a Comment